I Am Thankful Activities for Preschool, Pre-K, and Kindergarten
# of Pages: 40
File Type(s): PDF
You'll LOVE this resource!
- Instant Download
- Secure Payments
Teach your students all about being thankful…what it looks like, how it feels, what to be thankful for, and how to show others they are thankful. Make a Thankful Tree in your classroom, make a thankful turkey craft, and make thank you posters for first responders. Discuss and create a turkey anchor chart about what they are thankful for and how they can show others they are thankful. This unit is perfect to do anytime during the year or during the holiday (Thanksgiving).
Teaching social skills and how to interact with others (aka character education) is a life skill and takes direct teaching for little learners. It takes lots of practice and visual supports. These activities will help you build a caring community of learners who will support each other all year long. These activities are designed for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, or first grade.
• General Tips and How to Utilize Class Meetings
• Being & Feeling Thankful Book List
• Thankful Tree Activity (for school and home) includes a parent note to attach a leaf
• Thankful Turkey Anchor Chart (feathers: what they can be thankful for, hearts: how to show others you are thankful)
• I am Thankful for Mini Book or Chart Cards (9 to a page in color)
• Thank You Card Center or Station (cards and writing paper with and without lines)
• Thankful Emergent Reader
• Thankful Turkey Craft
• Thank You Posters for First Responders
• Printing Tips
Save BIG and get the Social Skill Bundle! Get this resource and ALL the other social skill units.