Happy back to school teacher friends! Let’s celebrate by making some school slime. SLime is just so much fun but it also strengthens fine motor muscles and for most kids, it’s a calming sensory experience. If you have a kiddo who does not want to touch it, put the slime in a baggie so they can play too!
This post contains affiliate links. Only adults should make the slime. Adult supervision required when kids are playing with slime.
- School Glitter, Confetti, or Table Scatter (I found it in the Target Dollar Spot)
- Fine Glitter
- Clear Glue
- Liquid Starch
HOW TO MAKE THE SLIME
- Mix equal parts GLUE AND WATER FIRST. Make sure you do this step or the slime may not turn out!
- Mix in the glitter (optional) and school themed glitter or confetti.
- Mix in equal parts liquid starch.
- Mix until the slime forms a ball and knead it with your hands.
If you have …..
Sticky Slime – Just add more liquid starch. Then knead it just like it’s dough.
Runny Slime – Just add more glue. Then knead it just like it’s dough.
Let’s PLAY! Now the slime is ready for play. Stretch it, squeeze it, poke it, roll it, or pinch it. One thing my little learners liked to do was pick out the confetti then hide it again. As they pick it out they are developing their pincer grasp!
Need lesson plans for the 1st ten days of school? Well you came to the right place because I have FREE Lesson Plans for the First 10 Days of School HERE.
If you want to get organized, make yourself a teacher binder! Click the photo below to read (and see) how to make and what to put in a teacher binder.
If you need some amazing school themed books click the photo below for my favorites!
Love the school slime Pin this image so you always have it.