2D Shapes Unit for Preschool, Pre-K, and Kindergarten
# of Pages: 217
File Type(s): PDF
You'll LOVE this resource!
- Instant Download
- Secure Payments
This 2D Shapes unit is packed with fun, engaging activities that will teach your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten students the basic shapes and their characteristics. Everything I could think of is in this pack including tons of build it cards, games, posters, sorting activities for charts, sorting pages, art/craft activities, mini books on each shape, emergent reader, and shape hunts!
The 2D Shape Unit is easy to prep, which is less work for you. Labels and binder covers are included to help you stay organized!
This unit is packed with hands-on activities using manipulatives you already have in your classroom. Worksheets are included as well but are optional. Many of the activities and games come in various levels, so you can easily differentiate for your students and your classroom. There is also a suggested book list you can use for circle time.
The activities have a page of teacher tips to help you teach the activity easily and to ensure it will go smoothly, as well as a photo of it in action in the classroom.
Use a unit all at once or sprinkle it in throughout the year. The activities can be used whole group, independent practice, centers/stations, morning work tubs, table time, early finishers, RTI interventions, and small group work.
This has been designed for preschool, pre-k, tk, and kindergarten classrooms.
2D shapes included in this pack are: square, rectangle, oval, rhombus/diamond, circle, triangle, heart, crescent, trapezoid, pentagon, hexagon, and octagon.
• Shape Posters (with real photographs)
• Shape Play Dough Mats
• Shape Popsicle Stick Build It Cards
• Shape Brick Blocks Build It Cards
• Road Shapes Build It Cards with recording pages
• Shape Toothpick Build It Cards with recording pages
• Shape Geoboard Build It Cards with recording pages
• Shape Flash Cards for Games
• Sensory Shape Writing
• Play Dough Tray – Shape Monsters
• Shape Spinners (4 levels)
• Shape Cover Up (4 levels)
• Shape Graph It (4 levels)
• Shape Collages Craftivity and Bulletin Board Posters
• Individual Shape Collages
• Sorting Shapes: tons of sorting headers and everyday object shape cards
• Sorting Shapes Student Mats/Recording Pages (one for each shape)
• Shape Hunt Mats/Recording Pages (one for each shape)
• Mini Shape Books (trace it, decorate it, make it)
• Shapes Emergent Readers (2 levels)
• Suggested Book List
• Pattern Block Mats (color and black and white – transportation theme)
Save BIG and get the Math for Little Learners Bundle! Get this resource and ALL the other Math for Little Learner Units.